Los Angeles News
Domestic dispute suspect shot by deputies in Compton, flees
COMPTON, Calif. -- Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies are looking for a suspect who escaped after being shot and wounded by deputies in Compton.
The shooting occurred in the 400 block of East Darlan Street Tuesday.
Deputies responding to a domestic violence call fired upon the male suspect, who fled the scene in a vehicle.
Blood was found at the scene, indicating the suspect may have been struck by gunfire, according to Sgt. Bryan Haynes of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Compton Station.
No deputies were hurt in the shooting.
No information on why shots were fired has been released.
deputy-involved shooting, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery 11 min ago
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified 38 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies