Los Angeles News
Chase of stolen vehicle ends with PIT maneuver in West LA
LOS ANGELES -- A high-speed police chase of a reported stolen vehicle ended in West Los Angeles after CHP officers performed a PIT maneuver on Wednesday.
The chase began at about 10 a.m. in the Van Nuys area. The suspect sped through stop signs and traffic lights, and then got on the 118 Freeway.
Traveling at a high rate of speed, the suspect took police and CHP on a wild ride all the way down the 405 Freeway to West L.A.
The chase ended at about 10:45 a.m. The suspect exited on Olympic Boulevard, and officers quickly executed a PIT maneuver. The suspect was taken into custody without further incident.
There were no injuries or accidents in connection with the pursuit.
car chase, pursuit, los angeles news
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases 23 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo 55 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- Accuweather Forecast
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos