Los Angeles News
Fiery car crash in Sun Valley leaves 2 dead
SUN VALLEY, LOS ANGELES -- Two people are dead after a fiery crash in Sun Valley on Thursday.
The crash happened on the 7500 block of North Glenoaks Avenue. Police say a Honda Element jumped the curb, slammed into a tree and burst into flames, killing the driver and passenger. The vehicle was on fire by the time emergency crews arrived at the scene.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. Investigators said there are yaw marks on the street, which are caused by drifting.
"There's pre-impact tire marks that are left on the roadway, which really assist investigators in determining if there was speed involved, how much braking was involved," said Sgt. Randy Modrell with the Los Angeles Police Department. "In this particular case, there's quite a bit of evidence on the roadway that determines that there was probably speed associated with this collision."
Authorities said they will be investigating whether or not the driver of the SUV was drag racing. They will be checking for surveillance video in the area. It is unknown if drugs and alcohol were factors in the crash.
car crash, los angeles news, q mccray
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea 49 min ago
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos