Los Angeles News
Person of interest sought in Montebello fatal stabbing; car missing
MONTEBELLO, Calif. -- Los Angeles County sheriff's detectives responded to a report of a woman stabbed on the 600 block of North 20th Street in Montebello at 5:52 p.m. Wednesday.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. She was identified as Carmen King, 63. She was discovered by neighbors.
Detectives were seeking Emelio Martinez, 51, as a person of interest in the case.
King's burgundy four-door 2000 Dodge Stratus was reportedly missing from the residence. The car had California license plate number 4JMC641.
Martinez and the victim reportedly lived together.
Anyone with information about the case is urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500. To remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers by dialing (800) 222-TIPS or texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or by using the website Los Angeles Crime Stoppers.
City News Service contributed to this report.
homicide investigation, murder, stabbing, los angeles news
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos