Los Angeles News
Person of interest sought in Montebello fatal stabbing; car missing
MONTEBELLO, Calif. -- Los Angeles County sheriff's detectives responded to a report of a woman stabbed on the 600 block of North 20th Street in Montebello at 5:52 p.m. Wednesday.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. She was identified as Carmen King, 63. She was discovered by neighbors.
Detectives were seeking Emelio Martinez, 51, as a person of interest in the case.
King's burgundy four-door 2000 Dodge Stratus was reportedly missing from the residence. The car had California license plate number 4JMC641.
Martinez and the victim reportedly lived together.
Anyone with information about the case is urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500. To remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers by dialing (800) 222-TIPS or texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or by using the website Los Angeles Crime Stoppers.
City News Service contributed to this report.
homicide investigation, murder, stabbing, los angeles news
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 16 min ago
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire