Los Angeles News
Belasco nightclub stabbing: 5 hurt, 2 in custody
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES -- Five people were stabbed outside of a nightclub in downtown Los Angeles early Friday morning.
The stabbings happened outside the Belasco Theater on the 1000 block of South Hill Street. Police said a fight broke out around 2:15 a.m. between two groups of men as the nightclub was closing.
One man pulled out a knife, stabbed someone in the other group and then ran away. Several other club-goers who were not connected to the original fight tried to stop him, so he allegedly started stabbing them.
Four of those people were wounded. All of the victims are expected to survive. Two remained in the hospital Friday morning.
A Los Angeles police officer who saw the fight ran after the suspect and took him into custody. Authorities also arrested the suspect's cousin, who was also involved in the original fight.
The suspects' names were not released, but authorities said everyone involved in the fight were men between the ages of 20 and 25.
stabbing, los angeles news, q mccray
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Don't wait until the New Year to get fit
33 min ago