Los Angeles News
Belasco nightclub stabbing: 5 hurt, 2 in custody
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES -- Five people were stabbed outside of a nightclub in downtown Los Angeles early Friday morning.
The stabbings happened outside the Belasco Theater on the 1000 block of South Hill Street. Police said a fight broke out around 2:15 a.m. between two groups of men as the nightclub was closing.
One man pulled out a knife, stabbed someone in the other group and then ran away. Several other club-goers who were not connected to the original fight tried to stop him, so he allegedly started stabbing them.
Four of those people were wounded. All of the victims are expected to survive. Two remained in the hospital Friday morning.
A Los Angeles police officer who saw the fight ran after the suspect and took him into custody. Authorities also arrested the suspect's cousin, who was also involved in the original fight.
The suspects' names were not released, but authorities said everyone involved in the fight were men between the ages of 20 and 25.
stabbing, los angeles news, q mccray
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 30 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 18 min ago
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president