Los Angeles News
LA high school senior asks Kate Upton to prom, she says maybe
LOS ANGELES -- High school senior Jake Davidson is hoping to have a special lady on his arm when he arrives to his prom.
Jake, 17, of Sherman Oaks, created a YouTube video to ask Sports Illustrated supermodel Kate Upton to the big dance - and as you can imagine, the video invite has gone viral since it was posted Sunday.
"She likes sports, nice personality, just everything about her screams perfect prom date, and I want the perfect prom date," Jake said.
Jake figured he had nothing to lose. As it turns out, he's actually got a chance. Upton, 20, tweeted one response so far, and it's a strong maybe.
"How could I turn down that video! I'll check my schedule," Upton's tweet said in part, ending in a winky face.
In the meantime, Jake said he is waiting to see if his dream prom date will come true.
"I will take a maybe and run with a maybe and thank you Kate for giving me a maybe," Jake said.
Talia Myers, Jake's family friend who goes to USC film school, said the 1-minute-and-46-second video took about five hours to film and 20 minutes to edit.
celebrity, technology, los angeles news, rob hayes
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos