Los Angeles News
Long Beach police officer-involved shootings under investigation
LONG BEACH, Calif. -- An officer-involved shooting in Long Beach Thursday was the second shooting to happen in the city over the last five days.
The latest shooting occurred on the 4500 block of Orange Avenue Thursday.
Police were searching for a felony robbery suspect around 10: 40 p.m. when an officer located the suspect and allegedly shot him.
The suspect was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
It's unclear what caused the officer to open fire.
On Monday, police exchanged gunfire with a suspected gang member who then fled on food in the area of 8th Street and Daisy Avenue.
A SWAT team temporarily locked down the area and a number of residents were evacuated and several streets in the area closed, as police searched for the suspect. That person has since been arrested.
The shootings remain under investigation.
officer-involved shooting, long beach, los angeles news
- AMBER ALERT: Boy, 12, abducted in Long Beach 3 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla 38 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery