Los Angeles News
Long Beach police officer-involved shootings under investigation
LONG BEACH, Calif. -- An officer-involved shooting in Long Beach Thursday was the second shooting to happen in the city over the last five days.
The latest shooting occurred on the 4500 block of Orange Avenue Thursday.
Police were searching for a felony robbery suspect around 10: 40 p.m. when an officer located the suspect and allegedly shot him.
The suspect was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
It's unclear what caused the officer to open fire.
On Monday, police exchanged gunfire with a suspected gang member who then fled on food in the area of 8th Street and Daisy Avenue.
A SWAT team temporarily locked down the area and a number of residents were evacuated and several streets in the area closed, as police searched for the suspect. That person has since been arrested.
The shootings remain under investigation.
officer-involved shooting, long beach, los angeles news
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos