Los Angeles News
Long Beach police officer-involved shootings under investigation
LONG BEACH, Calif. -- An officer-involved shooting in Long Beach Thursday was the second shooting to happen in the city over the last five days.
The latest shooting occurred on the 4500 block of Orange Avenue Thursday.
Police were searching for a felony robbery suspect around 10: 40 p.m. when an officer located the suspect and allegedly shot him.
The suspect was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
It's unclear what caused the officer to open fire.
On Monday, police exchanged gunfire with a suspected gang member who then fled on food in the area of 8th Street and Daisy Avenue.
A SWAT team temporarily locked down the area and a number of residents were evacuated and several streets in the area closed, as police searched for the suspect. That person has since been arrested.
The shootings remain under investigation.
officer-involved shooting, long beach, los angeles news
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 4 min ago
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire