Los Angeles News
Stolen car victim uses Craigslist to nab auto theft suspect
COMPTON, LOS ANGELES -- A little bit of sleuthing helped one local man get his stolen car back.
Investigators say the car's owner discovered that his stolen car was being advertised for sale on Craigslist.
That's when the owner called detectives at the Compton sheriff's station who prepared search warrants at two locations and arrested the suspect.
The suspect had reportedly sold the car to someone in East Los Angeles, but detectives recovered the car and returned it to its rightful owner.
arrest, los angeles news
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos