Los Angeles News
Stolen car victim uses Craigslist to nab auto theft suspect
COMPTON, LOS ANGELES -- A little bit of sleuthing helped one local man get his stolen car back.
Investigators say the car's owner discovered that his stolen car was being advertised for sale on Craigslist.
That's when the owner called detectives at the Compton sheriff's station who prepared search warrants at two locations and arrested the suspect.
The suspect had reportedly sold the car to someone in East Los Angeles, but detectives recovered the car and returned it to its rightful owner.
arrest, los angeles news
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 20 min ago
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 34 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident