Los Angeles News
LADWP worker found dead inside LB power plant; worker ID'd
LONG BEACH, Calif. -- A Los Angeles Department of Water & Power employee was found dead Saturday at the Haynes Generating Station in Long Beach.
Officials say the body was found around 1:30 a.m. in an area away from construction activity. The body was later identified as 60-year-old Vincent Martinez of Downey.
"This is a tragic loss and tragedy for our employee's family and our entire LADWP family," said Aram Benyamin, Senior Assistant General Manager, Power. "Our hearts go out to the family, friends and co-workers of our employee."
The station is being partially rebuilt to eliminate the use of ocean water to cool the plant.
The cause of death is under investigation.
department of water and power, body found, long beach, los angeles news
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos