Los Angeles News
Pomona theft investigation nets narcotics arrest
POMONA, Calif. -- A 17-year-old teen is facing drug charges after he was found to be in possession of cocaine and methamphetamine packaged for sales Friday.
Police responded to the 1000 block of East Mission Boulevard around 10:35 a.m. to conduct a follow-up investigation of a recent theft.
When officers arrived, they located three male suspected Pomona gang members to the rear of the location. One of the subjects was found to be in possession of 26.2 grams of methamphetamine, 1.64 grams of cocaine, and a large sum of money.
Evidence suggests the suspect's intent was to sell the drugs since the narcotics were individually packed in small baggies for sales. Police said the drugs seized had an approximate street value of $2,800.
During the later investigation, officers learned the suspect also had a no bail arrest warrant from a previous robbery case.
arrest, drug cartel, los angeles news
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake strikes 50 miles west of Eureka 7 min ago
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed 36 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno 56 min ago
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies