Los Angeles News
Gun safety classes at Pierce College requested removed by neighbors
WOODLAND HILLS, LOS ANGELES -- Pierce College is being asked to quit offering NRA gun safety classes on its campus.
The Daily News reported Saturday the Woodland Hills Warner Center Neighborhood Council is asking for the courses to be moved because of nearby soccer fields where children play on the weekends. The council fears for the kids' safety.
Members also say people would see others carrying guns into school buildings, then call campus police.
The NRA basic safety course is offered one Saturday per academic quarter.
los angeles news
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 29 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident