Los Angeles News
Mother's Day shoppers pack downtown Los Angeles Flower District
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES -- Shoppers packed the Flower District in downtown Los Angeles Sunday for some last-minute Mother's Day shopping.
The California Flower Mall was buzzing with activity, as Angelenos searched for that perfect bouquet for the most special woman in their lives - mom!
Workers have been busy around the clock, and say customers will see the best prices Sunday since the venders are looking to move out their merchandise.
The California Flower Mall is open to the trade and public with no membership required, said Hilda Jimenez, the mall's operating director. Once you've purchased the flowers, Jimenez advised cutting the stems at a 45-degree angle and keeping them in fresh water with two aspirin to make the blooms last.
mother's day, holiday, downtown, los angeles news, q mccray
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting 50 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe 54 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office 21 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD...
54 min ago