Los Angeles News
Mother's Day shoppers pack downtown Los Angeles Flower District
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES -- Shoppers packed the Flower District in downtown Los Angeles Sunday for some last-minute Mother's Day shopping.
The California Flower Mall was buzzing with activity, as Angelenos searched for that perfect bouquet for the most special woman in their lives - mom!
Workers have been busy around the clock, and say customers will see the best prices Sunday since the venders are looking to move out their merchandise.
The California Flower Mall is open to the trade and public with no membership required, said Hilda Jimenez, the mall's operating director. Once you've purchased the flowers, Jimenez advised cutting the stems at a 45-degree angle and keeping them in fresh water with two aspirin to make the blooms last.
mother's day, holiday, downtown, los angeles news, q mccray
- Photos: 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire 19 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign