Los Angeles News
LA Bike Week to feature free Metro rides for bicyclists
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES -- Monday kicks off Bike Week in Los Angeles.
Metro, other transportation agencies and public officials attended Grand Park in downtown at 10 a.m. to announce a series of initiatives aimed at getting more people to bike to work, school and other locations.
On Thursday, Metro and other transit providers will offer free helping rides to those with bicycles. This weekend, there will be discounts from more than 70 retailers for bicyclists who mention Bike Week.
To find out more about Bike Week and local events, visit Metro's Bike Week page.
los angeles news
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama