Los Angeles News
Teacher's aide arrested for fondling mentally challenged Lawndale student
LAWNDALE, Calif. -- A teacher's aide was arrested Friday for fondling a student at Leuzinger High School in Lawndale.
Juan Carlos Gutierrez, 60, was arrested on a warrant for three misdemeanor counts of annoying or molesting a child. Gutierrez remained in custody Monday on $60,000 bond and was scheduled for a Tuesday arraignment in Torrance. It was earlier reported by the L.A. County Sheriff's Department that Gutierrez was released on bond Saturday.
On May 7, Gutierrez allegedly accompanied a 16-year-old mentally challenged female student into a stairwell at the school where he fondled her over her clothing, the sheriff's department said. Surveillance cameras captured the incident.
Other students witnessed the incident and reported it to the school principal.
The sheriff's department is seeking further possible victims. Anyone with information about similar conduct by Gutierrez should call the Sheriff's Dept. Special Victims Unit at (877) 710-LASD.
arrest, sex crimes, los angeles news
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 1 dead, 15 hurt 8 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo