Los Angeles News
Pipe rendered safe on 605 Freeway in Cerritos
CERRITOS, Calif. -- CHP shut down the 605 Freeway near South Street in Cerritos to investigate a suspected pipe bomb Tuesday.
The suspicious object was spotted in an abandoned Audi sedan just off the freeway around 12:15 a.m.
The investigation prompted the closure of all freeway lanes in both directions as the bomb squad responded and removed the object with a remote control robot.
The suspected pipe bomb was then blown up in the freeway median and rendered safe.
Authorities said the suspicious object was just a pipe. It turned out to contain no explosives.
All lanes of the 605 Freeway were reopened in both directions around 2 a.m.
suspicious object, los angeles news
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno 39 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno 26 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos