Los Angeles News
Dad allegedly drove drunk, hid beer cans in diaper bag - Glendale police
GLENDALE, Calif. -- A local dad is in police custody, accused of driving drunk with two kids in the car and six empty beer cans hidden in a diaper bag.
Juan Peralta was stopped by Glendale police after he allegedly hit a Volkswagen and didn't pull over.
The 31-year-old told officers he was trying to rush his daughters, ages 1 and 4, to the hospital. The girls' mother was also in the car and wasn't wearing a seatbelt.
Police say Peralta had alcohol on his breath when he told officers he fled the scene of the crash because he doesn't have a driver's license.
Peralta is in custody on $100,000 bail. He has been ordered by the court to stay away from his daughters and not to drive minors until further notice. He is due in court later in May.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
dui, arrest, los angeles news
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos