Los Angeles News
Americafest at Rose Bowl: Biggest fireworks show in Southland
PASADENA, Calif. -- What's Fourth of July without fun and fireworks? The Rose Bowl is hosting the largest fireworks show in Southern California.
The impressive display is set to include more than $100,000 worth of fireworks. Thursday marks the 87th annual Americafest.
The event promises plenty of music, food and fireworks for the entire family. The festival kicked off at 2 p.m. At 7 p.m., there will be live TNT motorcycle stunts and a special performance by Mariachi Divas and Kenny G.
Thousands gathered to celebrate Independence Day with family under the sun. There were food, games and tailgating, with some waiting more than 12 hours for the fireworks show.
Tickets range from $13 - $30. You can get more information about Americafest by visiting, www.rosebowlstadium.com/americafest.
holiday, pasadena, los angeles news
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight 10 min ago
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos