Los Angeles News
Americafest at Rose Bowl: Biggest fireworks show in Southland
PASADENA, Calif. -- What's Fourth of July without fun and fireworks? The Rose Bowl is hosting the largest fireworks show in Southern California.
The impressive display is set to include more than $100,000 worth of fireworks. Thursday marks the 87th annual Americafest.
The event promises plenty of music, food and fireworks for the entire family. The festival kicked off at 2 p.m. At 7 p.m., there will be live TNT motorcycle stunts and a special performance by Mariachi Divas and Kenny G.
Thousands gathered to celebrate Independence Day with family under the sun. There were food, games and tailgating, with some waiting more than 12 hours for the fireworks show.
Tickets range from $13 - $30. You can get more information about Americafest by visiting, www.rosebowlstadium.com/americafest.
holiday, pasadena, los angeles news
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn 31 min ago
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- California farmers to get more water 4 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Photos: Easter traditions explained