Los Angeles News
South Los Angeles fatal hit-and-run driver sought
SOUTH LOS ANGELES -- The search is on for a hit-and-run driver who killed a man crossing the intersection of Avalon and 84th streets in South Los Angeles.
The incident happened shortly before 11 p.m. Thursday. Police say the man was crossing Avalon, not at the crosswalk, when he was struck by a silver SUV.
The driver did not stop and sped off.
The 39-year-old victim was rushed to the hospital where he later died.
There was no description of the suspect.
south los angeles, hit and run, los angeles news
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 18 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Accuweather Forecast
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos