Los Angeles News
Small plane crashes on 405 Freeway in Long Beach
SOUTH LOS ANGELES -- A small plane crashed Saturday afternoon on the shoulder of the 405 Freeway in Long Beach.
It happened on the north side of the freeway between Cherry Street and Orange Avenue. The pilot walked away from the accident with only minor injuries.
The CHP issued a SigAlert, closing the on and off-ramps to the northbound freeway at Cherry Avenue. The ramps eventually reopened.
The FAA is investigating the cause of the crash.
plane crash, freeway, long beach, los angeles news
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos