Los Angeles News
Van Nuys shooting suspect shoots self after Ventura County chase
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES -- A shooting suspect led police on a chase through the San Fernando Valley and Ventura County before taking his own life.
It started with a shooting around 10:30 p.m. Sunday at a home in the 14000 block of Vose Street in Van Nuys.
Police say a man walked into the home and shot the woman. She was transported to Cedars Sinai Medical Center, where she was listed in critical but stable condition.
Police arrived on scene, and that's when the man led officers on a two-hour pursuit, which went through the cities of Camarillo, Oxnard and Ventura before returning to Van Nuys.
Officers used a pit maneuver to stop the driver at Sherman Way and Haskell Boulevard.
The man shot himself in the head and died at the scene, said authorities.
shooting, car chase, pursuit, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room 5 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced 31 min ago
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow