Los Angeles News
Athens drive-by shooting kills 1, wounds 3
ATHENS, LOS ANGELES -- A man is dead and another three wounded after gunfire erupted outside a party in Athens Village.
Investigators say all four men were shot in a drive-by shooting in the 13100 block of South Broadway at 12:23 a.m. Monday. One man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Three men were rushed to a local hospital. One of the survivors is in critical condition, and the other two are in stable condition.
Police say the suspects may be gang affiliated, but they do not believe the victims were connected to any gangs.
The suspect vehicle was described as a light-colored four-door sedan and was last seen driving northbound on Broadway. Anyone with information is urged to call the L.A. County Sheriff's Department at (323) 890-5500.
shooting, south los angeles, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 19 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 55 min ago
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway 25 min ago
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash