Los Angeles News
Suspects fire on LAPD at end of robbery pursuit
WINNETKA, LOS ANGELES -- Two armed-robbery suspects led police on a pursuit Monday afternoon that ended with a crash and shooting in Winnetka.
Police were in pursuit of a black SUV. Two suspects bailed out on foot at Ingomar Street and Tampa Avenue in Winnetka, leaving the SUV to roll and crash.
At least one suspect fired a gun at a police cruiser. Several bullet holes could be seen in the windshield. One officer sustained a minor injury believed to be from glass fragments.
One suspect was immediately detained, and one weapon was recovered. The other suspect fled into a nearby neighborhood.
After several hours, that second suspect was taken into custody and transported to a hospital after being bitten by a K-9.
lapd, shooting, los angeles news
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos