Los Angeles News
Whittier mechanic shop damaged by fire
WHITTIER, Calif. -- Investigators are trying to figure out what started a fire that destroyed most of a mechanic shop in unincorporated Whittier.
The fire was reported around 7:45 p.m. Monday at the business located on the 2600 block of Pacific Drive.
When firefighters arrived, they found flames engulfing nearly one-third of the building, but they were able to save the rest of the one-story building.
Sheriff's officials say there is no evidence of arson.
No injuries were reported.
fire, los angeles news
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week