Los Angeles News
Whittier mechanic shop damaged by fire
WHITTIER, Calif. -- Investigators are trying to figure out what started a fire that destroyed most of a mechanic shop in unincorporated Whittier.
The fire was reported around 7:45 p.m. Monday at the business located on the 2600 block of Pacific Drive.
When firefighters arrived, they found flames engulfing nearly one-third of the building, but they were able to save the rest of the one-story building.
Sheriff's officials say there is no evidence of arson.
No injuries were reported.
fire, los angeles news
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors 31 min ago
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 55 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos