Los Angeles News
Whittier mechanic shop damaged by fire
WHITTIER, Calif. -- Investigators are trying to figure out what started a fire that destroyed most of a mechanic shop in unincorporated Whittier.
The fire was reported around 7:45 p.m. Monday at the business located on the 2600 block of Pacific Drive.
When firefighters arrived, they found flames engulfing nearly one-third of the building, but they were able to save the rest of the one-story building.
Sheriff's officials say there is no evidence of arson.
No injuries were reported.
fire, los angeles news
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Family of boy who died in Los Banos DUI...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos