Los Angeles News
Man charged with murder in 210 Freeway death
SAN FERNANDO, Calif. -- A North Hollywood man was charged Tuesday with murder in the death of a woman who fell out of a moving car on the 210 Freeway last week. A special allegation that a knife was used was included in the complaint.
North Hollywood resident Ricardo Jimenez, 26, was scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday afternoon.
Maria Josefina Jimenez, 22, was struck on the 210 Freeway near Hubbard Street early Thursday, August 29.
According to a witness, the woman was a passenger in a red car that was swerving. The witness said the passenger door of the car opened and the woman came out of the car and onto the lanes of the freeway.
The witness pulled over and tried to slow down traffic and render help, but the woman was struck several times by cars along the freeway and was killed.
Investigators say Ricardo Jimenez was driving Maria Jimenez's red Toyota Corolla when the two left a tattoo parlor before midnight.
The victim and the defendant were in a dating relationship, according to the L.A. County District Attorney's Office. The two have the same last name, but they are not related.
Prosecutors recommended that bail be set at more than $1 million. If convicted as charged, Jimenez faces a maximum sentence of 26 years to life in state prison.
The case remains under investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department. Anyone with information about this case was asked to call Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers at (800) 222- TIPS.
san fernando valley, homicide investigation, murder, los angeles news
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2 54 min ago
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30 59 min ago
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos