Los Angeles News
Big rig fire shuts 101 Freeway lanes in Cahuenga Pass
LOS ANGELES -- A big rig fire shut down multiple lanes of the northbound 101 Freeway in the Cahuenga Pass, causing a traffic mess on Wednesday.
The cab of the big rig caught fire shortly after midnight near the Cahuenga Boulevard exit.
Fortunately, no one was injured. The blaze shut down multiple northbound lanes.
Hazardous materials crews were called to the scene to clean up 15 gallons of diesel fuel that spilled. All lanes have since reopened.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
road closure, fire, los angeles news
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February 5 min ago
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor