Los Angeles News
Suspects identified in shooting of 7-year-old Palmdale girl
PALMDALE, Calif. -- Three suspects were identified Thursday in the shooting death of a 7-year-old Palmdale girl.
Palmdale resident Jesus Peralta, 22; Palmdale resident Carlos Peralta, 19; and Little Rock resident Eduardo Diaz (no age given) were arrested Wednesday for attempted murder. They were held on $1 million bail.
No further suspects were sought in the case.
The 7-year-old girl remained in extremely critical condition Thursday after being shot at 12:45 a.m. Wednesday.
The girl's mother's boyfriend reportedly got into an argument at a gas station near Pearblossom Highway and Fort Tejon Road before driving away. The three suspects allegedly followed the family's car, which was carrying the boyfriend, the girl's mother and a younger sibling of the girl.
Repeated gunshots were fired from the car carrying the three suspects as they followed the family's car back to their neighborhood on the 5100 block of Essex Drive in Palmdale. The 7-year-old was struck in the head. She was airlifted to a hospital.
Family members say the gunmen knew the child and her younger sibling were in the car but they still fired into the vehicle. Investigators collected over a dozen bullet casings and fragments from various locations.
Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500. If you prefer to provide information anonymously, you may call "Crime Stoppers" by dialing (800) 222-TIPS (8477), or texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or by using the website lacrimestoppers.org.
antelope valley, shooting, fight, los angeles news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 56 min ago
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 37 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 23 min ago
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week 6 min ago
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals