New Jersey News
Police search for suspects in Clark, New Jersey murder
CLARK, N.J. -- Authorities are searching for suspects in the murder of a man found dead in Clark, New Jersey.
A police officer was closely guarding the crime scene and police tape is wrapped around the well-kept brick home that sits on a cul-de-sac.
Neighbors say 73-year-old Joseph Galfy lived there for about 15 years.
He's been living alone since his longtime partner died about five years ago.
Friends say Galfy was a committed attorney who loved to travel the world.
He was so reliable that when he missed work Monday his friends, coworkers and neighbors knew something was wrong.
"I went over there with someone else. We looked at the house. It was closed up, the Monday morning paper was still there. He didn't answer his cell phone and he didn't answer the house phone," said Robert Ellenport, a friend.
So they called 911.
Police found Galfy unconscious inside his Starlite Drive home.
At first his death was ruled suspicious, but an autopsy found he was murdered.
Galfy died of blunt force trauma.
"It's a shock. An absolute shock. Nice guy. Can't imagine him having an enemy in the world," Ellenport said, "I'm numb. We just can't figure out how it could happen to someone like him."
Investigators handed over personal items to the victim's family members Tuesday evening and they understandably did not want to talk to Eyewitness News.
With his home surrounded with crime scene tape, neighbors are anxious to find out who could have done this.
"I'm a little nervous and rumors are flying around that he was murdered. I'm leery," said Sue Kuznet, the victim's neighbor.
"Was it a random act or was it someone he knew? If it was just random we should be concerned," said Lenny Kuznet, the victim's neighbor.
Anyone with information regarding the homicide is urged to contact Union County Crime Stoppers.A reward of up to $5,000 is being offered to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and indictment of a suspect or suspects. Crime Stoppers can be reached at (908) 654-TIPS or www.uctip.org.
new jersey, clark, murder, new jersey news, carolina leid
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos