New York News
Family remembers victim killed in Midtown Shooting
MIDTOWN -- The victim who was shot and killed by a gunman in Midtown Manhattan is being remembered.
41-year old Steven Ercolino was a loving son and great lover of life.
His brother speaks out recounting the heartbreaking moments when he found out the news.
He was a VP of sales for a company that imports women's clothing and accessories.
Ercolino was gunned down in cold blood by a man who police say was a disgruntled employee, angry that Ercolino wasn't promoting his products.
"I got the phone call from my father that my brother had been shot outside the offices," his brother said on CNN.
An emotional Paul Ercolino talked to CNN's Piers Morgan about the tragedy his family is enduring.
He says he knew nothing about a feud between Ercolino and the shooter, Jeffrey Johnson.
"He's such a loving uncle& we keep the business things to ourselves," he added.
At the condo complex in Warwick, New York where Ercolino's parents live neighbors say the family is devastated.
The victim's father, Frank Ercolino, released a statement saying: "We're a very close family and we're not talking to reporters now. Steven was a wonderful son. He was a very good son and person."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, empire state building, crime, shooting, new york news
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation