New York News
Family remembers victim killed in Midtown Shooting
MIDTOWN -- The victim who was shot and killed by a gunman in Midtown Manhattan is being remembered.
41-year old Steven Ercolino was a loving son and great lover of life.
His brother speaks out recounting the heartbreaking moments when he found out the news.
He was a VP of sales for a company that imports women's clothing and accessories.
Ercolino was gunned down in cold blood by a man who police say was a disgruntled employee, angry that Ercolino wasn't promoting his products.
"I got the phone call from my father that my brother had been shot outside the offices," his brother said on CNN.
An emotional Paul Ercolino talked to CNN's Piers Morgan about the tragedy his family is enduring.
He says he knew nothing about a feud between Ercolino and the shooter, Jeffrey Johnson.
"He's such a loving uncle& we keep the business things to ourselves," he added.
At the condo complex in Warwick, New York where Ercolino's parents live neighbors say the family is devastated.
The victim's father, Frank Ercolino, released a statement saying: "We're a very close family and we're not talking to reporters now. Steven was a wonderful son. He was a very good son and person."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, empire state building, crime, shooting, new york news
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe