New York News
Deadly BQE accident causes backups at Williamsburg Bridge
NEW YORK -- A woman from Connecticut was charged with drunk driving and homicide after a deadly crash on the Williamsburg Bridge.
Police say 23-year-old Ayisha Dodson was speeding as she was heading out of Manhattan around 4 a.m.
Dodson lost control on the bridge as she reached Brooklyn. One of her passengers, 21-year-old Janice Brown was killed after she was thrown from the backseat.
The other four passengers were not seriously injured.
The crash closed the westbound BQE ramp to the westbound Williamsburg Bridge, causing huge delays for the morning commute.
Commercial traffic was forced to use the Manhattan Bridge.
new york city, queens, brooklyn, williamsburg, accident, new york news
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno 12 min ago
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car 26 min ago
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 57 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos