New York News
Third assault on gay man in Manhattan
NEW YORK -- There have been a series of attacks against gay men in Manhattan. There have been three of them in a week.
The latest victim Eyewitness News learned about was coming out of "Pieces", a bar on Christopher Street on May 8th.
He was hailing a cab when he was assaulted by two men who were yelling gay slurs.
He was not seriously hurt.
But Nick Porto wasn't quite so lucky.
Porto and his partner Kevin Atkins were attacked outside Madison Square Garden.
Police are looking for eight men in that attack.
And on Friday morning, two gay men were attacked as they were going into "Space Billiards Hall" on W. 32nd Street.
Asllan Berisha and Brian Ramirez were charged with a hate crime in that assault, but again police are looking for more men who might have acted with them.
The three incidents have left the gay community wondering what happened to the progress it seemed like they were making recently.
Police say the attacks do not appear to be related.
new york city, greenwich village, assault, new york news, jim dolan
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors 45 min ago
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit 7 min ago
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest 56 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Fresno State QB Competition Open
14 min ago