New York News
Third assault on gay man in Manhattan
NEW YORK -- There have been a series of attacks against gay men in Manhattan. There have been three of them in a week.
The latest victim Eyewitness News learned about was coming out of "Pieces", a bar on Christopher Street on May 8th.
He was hailing a cab when he was assaulted by two men who were yelling gay slurs.
He was not seriously hurt.
But Nick Porto wasn't quite so lucky.
Porto and his partner Kevin Atkins were attacked outside Madison Square Garden.
Police are looking for eight men in that attack.
And on Friday morning, two gay men were attacked as they were going into "Space Billiards Hall" on W. 32nd Street.
Asllan Berisha and Brian Ramirez were charged with a hate crime in that assault, but again police are looking for more men who might have acted with them.
The three incidents have left the gay community wondering what happened to the progress it seemed like they were making recently.
Police say the attacks do not appear to be related.
new york city, greenwich village, assault, new york news, jim dolan
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos