New York News
Nanny pleads guilty after nanny-cam recoreded abuse
NEW YORK -- A New York City nanny has pleaded guilty to endangering the welfare of a child after a hidden nanny-cam caught her smacking a 5-month-old girl.
The Staten Island district attorney's office says 52-year-old Mamura Nasirova pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts on Monday. The district attorney says Nasirova will be sentenced to 10 months in jail on June 14.
Nasirova's employers installed the camera after they grew suspicious that the nanny was mistreating the 5-month-old and her 17-month-old brother.
Nasirova was arrested on Feb. 3.
Prosecutors said additional nanny-cam footage that emerged during their investigation showed Nasirova beating both children.
The district attorney's office said Nasirova is not a U.S. citizen and faces possible deportation to her native Uzbekistan.
new york city, staten island, baby, child abuse, new york news
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos