New York News
NYPD: New York City woman robbed under threat of evil spirits
NEW YORK -- Police are looking for three suspects wanted in a bizarre theft in Lower Manhattan, and they're hoping a surveillance photo will lead to an arrest.
Three women are accused of stealing money from a 72-year-old woman around 9 a.m. on May 9.
Police say they told the victim that evil spirits would hurt her family unless she offered money to those spirits.
The victim returned to her home and placed money in a bag. She was instructed not to open the bag for several days to chase away the evil spirits. But when she opened the bag a couple of hours later, she found newspapers and a water bottle inside.
The suspects are described as being of Chinese descent. The woman pictured is approximately 5-feet tall and weighs about 100 pounds.
Anyone with information in regards to this missing is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, lower manhattan, robbery, theft, new york news
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy