Orange County News
Tributes held for slain Irvine couple
IRVINE, Calif. -- Police are still seeking the killers of a newly engaged couple murdered in their car in Irvine Sunday. Tributes have been held for the victims in Irvine.
The Concordia University Eagles shared a moment of silence before their home game in Irvine to remember former basketball players Keith Lawrence and Monica Quan. They met at Concordia nearly six years ago and just last month announced their engagement.
"They were a perfect match, they would have had a great marriage and family and it's a tragedy that got cut short," said Ken Ammann, Concordia men's basketball head coach.
Lawrence was 27 and Quan was 28. They were found shot to death in their car at their Irvine apartment complex Sunday night. Police continue to search for their killer or killers.
"It's probably one of the hardest parts of this, just everyone trying to make sense of it all. There are just so many lives that they've touched and connected with and so there are a lot of hurting people out there right now," said Jenny Hansen, Concordia women's basketball head coach.
Lawrence was a standout player on the school's basketball team.
Quan stood 5 feet 5 inches tall. She played guard and was among the team leaders for three-point field goals.
Quan was in her second year as assistant coach of women's basketball at Cal State Fullerton.
Lawrence recently started a job as a USC patrol officer.
Investigators do not have a suspect description or motive. Anyone with information was asked to call Irvine Police at (949) 724-7000.
body found, shooting, murder, homicide investigation, orange county news, eileen frere
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety