Orange County News
Fire truck hits tree, splits in half; 4 firefighters hurt
BUENA PARK, Calif. -- Several firefighters were injured in a crash in Buena Park Wednesday night.
In the middle of answering a medical call, a fire truck split in half after crashing into a tree at Crescent Avenue and Los Altos Drive.
"It was going very fast and when it got onto the side street it was on two wheels. I guess it tried to correct itself and ended up wrapped around the tree," said witness Karvinna Briese.
Jonathon Cutler said he heard a loud boom and felt his house shake.
"I come running outside and I see firemen coming out the front side of the truck," said Cutler. "The fireman sat right here on my grass and he looked all dazed out, kind of confused a little."
Four firefighters, including two paramedics were hurt, but they are expected to survive. No civilians were involved in the crash.
"We have a very big crash behind us with no major injuries so that's the good news," said Capt. Marc Stone with the Orange County Fire Authority.
fire, accident, car crash, orange county news, elex michaelson
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba 9 min ago
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting 20 min ago
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?