Orange County News
Fire truck hits tree, splits in half; 4 firefighters hurt
BUENA PARK, Calif. -- Several firefighters were injured in a crash in Buena Park Wednesday night.
In the middle of answering a medical call, a fire truck split in half after crashing into a tree at Crescent Avenue and Los Altos Drive.
"It was going very fast and when it got onto the side street it was on two wheels. I guess it tried to correct itself and ended up wrapped around the tree," said witness Karvinna Briese.
Jonathon Cutler said he heard a loud boom and felt his house shake.
"I come running outside and I see firemen coming out the front side of the truck," said Cutler. "The fireman sat right here on my grass and he looked all dazed out, kind of confused a little."
Four firefighters, including two paramedics were hurt, but they are expected to survive. No civilians were involved in the crash.
"We have a very big crash behind us with no major injuries so that's the good news," said Capt. Marc Stone with the Orange County Fire Authority.
fire, accident, car crash, orange county news, elex michaelson
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tulare County
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy 11 min ago
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident