Orange County News
WWII grenade destroyed at Costa Mesa fire station
COSTA MESA, Calif. -- There were some tense moments at a Costa Mesa fire station when a woman turned up with what appeared to be a live grenade.
The woman had found the World War II grenade in her father's garage. She didn't know what to do and took it to the Costa Mesa Fire Department.
Surrounding businesses were evacuated just as a precaution.
In the end, the bomb squad disposed of the grenade.
orange county news
- Sheriff: Suspect in Colorado school shooting dead 8 min ago
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 5 min ago
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- abcnews: Paul Ryan Says Presidential Ambitions Not...
- LA psychic, husband charged with curse scam
- California prostitutes win victim compensation
- Chaos, gunbattles, hungry kids in Central African Republic
- Lawmakers frustrated, optimistic about farm bill
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment