Orange County News
WWII grenade destroyed at Costa Mesa fire station
COSTA MESA, Calif. -- There were some tense moments at a Costa Mesa fire station when a woman turned up with what appeared to be a live grenade.
The woman had found the World War II grenade in her father's garage. She didn't know what to do and took it to the Costa Mesa Fire Department.
Surrounding businesses were evacuated just as a precaution.
In the end, the bomb squad disposed of the grenade.
orange county news
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident