Orange County News
Disney to enforce new age policy at theme parks; unaccompanied minors must be 14+
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Visitors are facing new age restrictions to enter Disney theme parks.
Starting Saturday, children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by someone age 14 or older to enter Disneyland or Disney California Adventure.
Cast members will be enforcing the new rule as guests enter the park.
Up until now, there was no age policy for admission at Disneyland, and other Disney theme parks had different policies, said Disneyland spokeswoman Suzi Brown.
The change was not prompted by any issues or incidents, she said.
"We wanted to make (the policies) consistent," Brown said. "We regularly review all of our policies and identified an opportunity to provide a consistent age of admission and address a question we occasionally get from parents."
Employees will not be asking for government I.D. because most children under the age of 14 don't usually have them. Instead, employees will approach anyone who looks young as they enter the main gate and further contact their guardian.
Once the child enters the theme park, they will not be checked for I.D. or asked their age.
The policy will be in effect at all Disney U.S. resorts.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
disney theme park, orange county news, q mccray
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers 51 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos