Orange County News
Knott's installs evacuation system on WindSeeker rides
BUENA PARK, Calif. -- Knott's Berry Farm has installed an evacuation system on its WindSeeker ride to ensure its riders don't get stranded 300 feet in the air again.
The WindSeeker ride has been closed since September after a brake malfunction forced the ride to shut down, leaving 20 people stranded 300 feet in the air for 3 1/2 hours.
The ride has now been equipped with a special cage that goes up the ride in case it breaks down. The cage can carry people down four at a time.
Knott's is reportedly testing the system. No word on when the ride will re-open has been released.
amusement park, orange county news
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room 57 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow