Orange County News
Fullerton police officer shooting: 3rd suspect arrested
FULLERTON, Calif. -- A third suspect has been arrested in the point-blank shooting of a Fullerton police officer during a traffic stop.
Investigators arrested Andre Jones Wednesday near Knott and Lincoln avenues in Anaheim. Authorities say he tried to flee but was eventually captured. The 22-year-old is a parolee whose past crimes include firearms possession.
The shooting happened during a traffic stop Sunday. An officer approached the car and was shot multiple times.
The officer was wearing a protective vest, which is credited for saving his life.
Just hours after the shooting, California Highway Patrol officers tracked down the suspect vehicle in Riverside. The car, a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix, was being driven by 27-year-old Sjanee Duhart. She was arrested and charged as an accessory to the attempted murder of a police officer.
Later that day, detectives also located and arrested Marcos Bush, the alleged shooter. After the early morning shooting, authorities say Bush fled the scene on foot and discarded a semi-automatic pistol along the way. He is currently in custody and faces multiple charges including the attempted murder of a police officer.
Investigators say Bush is a documented gang member and he was on parole for a 2008 conviction on charges of aggravated assault, criminal threats and domestic violence. Just two weeks prior to the Fullerton police shooting, Bush was acquitted by a jury for his involvement in a gang-related attempted murder and carjacking case.
The Fullerton Police Department said it will be asking the Orange County District Attorney's Office to file charges against Jones related to his involvement in the police shooting.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
officer-involved shooting, arrest, shooting, orange county news
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room 59 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow