Orange County News
Fullerton police officer shooting: 3rd suspect arrested
FULLERTON, Calif. -- A third suspect has been arrested in the point-blank shooting of a Fullerton police officer during a traffic stop.
Investigators arrested Andre Jones Wednesday near Knott and Lincoln avenues in Anaheim. Authorities say he tried to flee but was eventually captured. The 22-year-old is a parolee whose past crimes include firearms possession.
The shooting happened during a traffic stop Sunday. An officer approached the car and was shot multiple times.
The officer was wearing a protective vest, which is credited for saving his life.
Just hours after the shooting, California Highway Patrol officers tracked down the suspect vehicle in Riverside. The car, a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix, was being driven by 27-year-old Sjanee Duhart. She was arrested and charged as an accessory to the attempted murder of a police officer.
Later that day, detectives also located and arrested Marcos Bush, the alleged shooter. After the early morning shooting, authorities say Bush fled the scene on foot and discarded a semi-automatic pistol along the way. He is currently in custody and faces multiple charges including the attempted murder of a police officer.
Investigators say Bush is a documented gang member and he was on parole for a 2008 conviction on charges of aggravated assault, criminal threats and domestic violence. Just two weeks prior to the Fullerton police shooting, Bush was acquitted by a jury for his involvement in a gang-related attempted murder and carjacking case.
The Fullerton Police Department said it will be asking the Orange County District Attorney's Office to file charges against Jones related to his involvement in the police shooting.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
officer-involved shooting, arrest, shooting, orange county news
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 20 min ago
- Two killed in shooting in Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View' 47 min ago
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit 47 min ago
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed 47 min ago
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman