Orange County News
Huntington Beach shooting: Suspect identified
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. -- A suspect who was shot and killed by Huntington Beach police Thursday has been identified.
Police say 20-year-old Ian Berrier brandished a replica handgun at officers in the area of Hoskins Lane and Milo Drive at about 4:30 p.m.
It all started with an argument between Berrier and a woman behind a nearby restaurant. A witness told police the suspect had threatened him with a gun.
A police helicopter helped to locate the two people in a residential neighborhood.
An officer confronted the suspect, who pulled out the gun, which was later determined to be fake. The officer opened fire, and Berrier was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Orange County Sheriff's Department is investigating the shooting.
officer-involved shooting, shooting, orange county news
- AMBER ALERT: Boy, 12, abducted in Long Beach 12 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla 47 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery