Orange County News
2 OC Marines honored in 1st annual run-walk
YORBA LINDA, Calif. -- An inaugural run-walk to remember two Orange County Marines killed in Afghanistan was held in Yorba Linda on Sunday.
The Centanni-Cottle Memorial 5K Run and Walk was held to honor Lance Cpl. Rick Centanni and Sgt. Maj. Robert Cottle. Both Marines were killed in March 2010 by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan.
"Today celebrate not only Lance Cpl. Centanni but also Sgt. Maj. Cottle, who gave their lives for our country and for us, but all others who have done the same and made the ultimate sacrifice," said Santa Ana police Sgt. Lorenzo Carrillo.
Centanni was a 19-year-old former football player at Esperanza High. Cottle was a 45-year-old SWAT officer with the LAPD.
u.s. troops, u.s. military, orange county news
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe 13 min ago
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- How outside workers deal with cold temps
51 min ago