Orange County News
2 OC Marines honored in 1st annual run-walk
YORBA LINDA, Calif. -- An inaugural run-walk to remember two Orange County Marines killed in Afghanistan was held in Yorba Linda on Sunday.
The Centanni-Cottle Memorial 5K Run and Walk was held to honor Lance Cpl. Rick Centanni and Sgt. Maj. Robert Cottle. Both Marines were killed in March 2010 by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan.
"Today celebrate not only Lance Cpl. Centanni but also Sgt. Maj. Cottle, who gave their lives for our country and for us, but all others who have done the same and made the ultimate sacrifice," said Santa Ana police Sgt. Lorenzo Carrillo.
Centanni was a 19-year-old former football player at Esperanza High. Cottle was a 45-year-old SWAT officer with the LAPD.
u.s. troops, u.s. military, orange county news
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- 5 honored for helping save Clovis man's life
- Tulare burglary suspect shot, killed by TX trooper
- Did Apple map capture Loch Ness Monster?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos