Orange County News
2 popular Disneyland rides remain closed after citations
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Space Mountain and Soarin' Over California, two popular rides at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, remain closed Monday.
The two rides, along with the Matterhorn Bobsleds, were voluntarily shut down over the weekend after state regulators cited them Friday. Matterhorn reopened on Sunday.
The citations stem from an incident in November when a worker got hurt while doing maintenance on Space Mountain. According to Cal/OSHA, Disneyland failed to adequately correct "known fall hazards" that existed on the exterior of Space Mountain.
A spokeswoman says they closed the rides out of an abundance of caution. It's unclear when the two rides will reopen.
"We constantly strive to maintain a safe work environment for our cast members and contractors -- and we are reviewing certain protocols," a Disneyland spokesperson said in a statement.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
disney theme park, orange county news
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Accuweather Forecast
24 min ago