Orange County News
2 popular Disneyland rides remain closed after citations
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Space Mountain and Soarin' Over California, two popular rides at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, remain closed Monday.
The two rides, along with the Matterhorn Bobsleds, were voluntarily shut down over the weekend after state regulators cited them Friday. Matterhorn reopened on Sunday.
The citations stem from an incident in November when a worker got hurt while doing maintenance on Space Mountain. According to Cal/OSHA, Disneyland failed to adequately correct "known fall hazards" that existed on the exterior of Space Mountain.
A spokeswoman says they closed the rides out of an abundance of caution. It's unclear when the two rides will reopen.
"We constantly strive to maintain a safe work environment for our cast members and contractors -- and we are reviewing certain protocols," a Disneyland spokesperson said in a statement.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
disney theme park, orange county news
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car