Orange County News
Anaheim scrap yard fire sends firefighter to hospital
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- A firefighter is recovering after a 3-alarm fire at a scrap yard in Anaheim on Sunday.
The fire broke out around 4:30 p.m. in the 1100 block of North Anaheim Boulevard, near the 91 Freeway. Smoke was visible for miles.
The firefighter was taken to a hospital, but has since been released. Details about the firefighter's injuries were not immediately known. A police officer was also treated at the scene.
Fire crews were able to gain the upper hand on the blaze, but smoke lingered in the area throughout the evening.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, orange county news
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 22 hurt 48 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies 10 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends