Orange County News
Anaheim scrap yard fire sends firefighter to hospital
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- A firefighter is recovering after a 3-alarm fire at a scrap yard in Anaheim on Sunday.
The fire broke out around 4:30 p.m. in the 1100 block of North Anaheim Boulevard, near the 91 Freeway. Smoke was visible for miles.
The firefighter was taken to a hospital, but has since been released. Details about the firefighter's injuries were not immediately known. A police officer was also treated at the scene.
Fire crews were able to gain the upper hand on the blaze, but smoke lingered in the area throughout the evening.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, orange county news
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery 26 min ago
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified 53 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies