Orange County News
Former Orange County CEO Thomas G. Mauk was driver in fatal Diamond Bar crash
DIAMOND BAR, Calif. -- The former CEO of Orange County has been identified as the driver of a Cadillac Escalade that hit a stalled Toyota Prius on the 57 Freeway in Diamond Bar, killing two people.
Thomas G. Mauk was driving 60 mph just north of Pathfinder Road when he struck the Toyota at 9:09 p.m. Sunday, according to a California Highway Patrol report. Mauk and his wife suffered minor injuries.
The crash killed the driver of the Toyota, 67-year-old Anubhai U. Patel of Anaheim, and his wife, 68-year-old Shardaben Patel. One of the two dogs in the Toyota also died.
The CHP made no arrests and the investigation is ongoing.
This past July, Mauk agreed to resign after sex charges were filed against then-Santa Ana City Councilman Carlos Bustamante, while he headed the county Department of Public Works.
City News Service contributed to this report.
car crash, orange county news
- USC routs No. 21 Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 30 min ago
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 54 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Accuweather Forecast
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos