Orange County News
2 gang members arrested in Laguna Beach home-invasion robbery, assault
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. -- Two Los Angeles gang members were arrested Monday for a home-invasion robbery and assault that took place in Laguna Beach in October.
Two assailants broke into a Laguna Beach residence and assaulted the occupants by pistol-whipping them on October 13, 2012, at 10:30 p.m. The two suspects stole a significant amount of jewelry and fled, according to Laguna Beach Police.
The investigation led to a violent L.A. street gang called the Bounty Hunter Bloods based out of the Nickerson Gardens housing development. The LAPD, assisting Laguna Beach PD, surveilled gang members and found one member was in possession of a cellphone stolen from the Laguna Beach home. Two primary suspects were subsequently identified.
Arrest warrants were issued Friday and the two suspects were arrested Monday. The warrants allege robbery, residential burglary, false imprisonment, use of a firearm during a robbery, and gang enhancements.
Tyrone Beasley, 21, was arrested at a South Los Angeles residence.
Jyvontaye Harris, 20, was arrested at the Compton Courthouse, where he was attending a pretrial hearing in a separate case.
The suspects were booked at Orange County Jail.
arrest, robbery, orange county news
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting 40 min ago
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos