Orange County News
2 gang members arrested in Laguna Beach home-invasion robbery, assault
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. -- Two Los Angeles gang members were arrested Monday for a home-invasion robbery and assault that took place in Laguna Beach in October.
Two assailants broke into a Laguna Beach residence and assaulted the occupants by pistol-whipping them on October 13, 2012, at 10:30 p.m. The two suspects stole a significant amount of jewelry and fled, according to Laguna Beach Police.
The investigation led to a violent L.A. street gang called the Bounty Hunter Bloods based out of the Nickerson Gardens housing development. The LAPD, assisting Laguna Beach PD, surveilled gang members and found one member was in possession of a cellphone stolen from the Laguna Beach home. Two primary suspects were subsequently identified.
Arrest warrants were issued Friday and the two suspects were arrested Monday. The warrants allege robbery, residential burglary, false imprisonment, use of a firearm during a robbery, and gang enhancements.
Tyrone Beasley, 21, was arrested at a South Los Angeles residence.
Jyvontaye Harris, 20, was arrested at the Compton Courthouse, where he was attending a pretrial hearing in a separate case.
The suspects were booked at Orange County Jail.
arrest, robbery, orange county news
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather