Orange County News
U-Haul truck leads officers on high-speed chase from Riverside to Orange County
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The driver of a U-Haul rental truck was taken into custody Thursday night after leading authorities in a high-speed chase from Riverside into Orange County.
The pursuit began as a burglary call around 10:15 p.m. at a U-Haul location in the 1800 block of Spruce Street in Riverside. It was unclear what prompted officers to want to pull over the truck, but the driver was apparently wanted in connection with the possibly burglary.
The driver traveled at high speeds on the 91 Freeway, 55 Freeway and the 5 Freeway before exiting to surface streets in Anaheim, where California Highway Patrol officers conducted a PIT maneuver, causing the truck to come to a stop on a curb underneath a bridge.
The driver was taken into custody without incident.
pursuit, arrest, orange county news
- Earthquake shakes parts of the Central Valley
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam