Orange County News
Orange woman's disappearance suspicious: police
ORANGE, Calif. -- Police in the city of Orange are intensifying a search for a missing California State University-Fullerton student.
Maribel Ramos was last seen Thursday and police are considering her disappearance very suspicious.
Police said Ramos was last seen outside her apartment complex by herself in Orange at about 8:30 p.m. Thursday. She was seen on security camera footage.
On May 3, 36-year-old Maribel Manriquez Ramos was reported as a missing person. The circumstances surrounding Ramos's disappearance are suspicious, according to police.
Ramos is described as a Hispanic woman standing 5 feet 2 inches tall, weighing 130 pounds, with brown medium shoulder-length hair. Ramos has a tattoo of a star on her left shoulder and an Aztec/tribal symbol on her lower back.
Her sister says Ramos was happy and was about to graduate from CSU Fullerton with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice.
Ramos had just returned from a conference in Chicago where she spoke on a panel about the transition from military to civilian life. Ramos served two military tours of duty in Iraq as an Army sergeant. She was honorably discharged in 2008.
Her sister says she knew something was wrong when Ramos missed a baseball game Friday, and failed to show up at a veterans appreciation night at Cal State Fullerton, where she was supposed to give a speech.
"I was at dinner with a friend and I got a message that she didn't arrive at her baseball game, and that's not like her," said sister Lucy Gonzalez. "She is very responsible. If she has a meeting with you, she will arrive 15 minutes early."
Gonzalez said Ramos left her dog, as well as her vehicle. There's been no activity on her cellphone or credit cards.
Ramos has a boyfriend and a roommate.
A neighbor said the roommate told him that he last saw Ramos as he left to go for a walk. He returned and Ramos was not there. He said she may have gotten a ride somewhere.
If Ramos is located or you have information of her whereabouts, please contact the Orange Police Department at (714) 744-7444.
missing person, orange county news, eileen frere
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos