Orange County News
Commercial fire destroys business in Orange
ORANGE, Calif. -- A fire erupted in a large commercial building in the city of Orange, resulting in the total loss of a business.
The blaze was reported at about 6:30 p.m. Thursday in a commercial strip in the 800 block of North Elm Street.
Responding firefighters found heavy smoke and fire shooting out of the roof. It took nearly three dozen firefighters from Orange, Anaheim and the Orange County Fire Authority an hour to knock down the flames.
Crews managed to limit the fire to just one of the building's 14 units. No injuries were reported.
The cause of the blaze was under investigation.
fire, orange county news
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season 37 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident