Orange County News
Anaheim crash injures 8; driver arrested for driving under influence
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Eight people were rushed to the hospital after an alleged drunk driver slammed into several cars at an Anaheim intersection.
The incident occurred shortly before 2 a.m. Sunday at Gilbert Street and La Palma Avenue. Police say two cars filled with people were waiting at a red light when the drunk driving suspect crashed into them.
Responding paramedics declared the crash a mass casualty incident, due to the high number of injured people in the cars.
There was no word on their conditions as of Sunday morning.
The driver was arrested for felony DUI.
dui, car crash, orange county news
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County 29 min ago
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial 22 min ago
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos