Orange County News
Anaheim crash injures 8; driver arrested for driving under influence
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Eight people were rushed to the hospital after an alleged drunk driver slammed into several cars at an Anaheim intersection.
The incident occurred shortly before 2 a.m. Sunday at Gilbert Street and La Palma Avenue. Police say two cars filled with people were waiting at a red light when the drunk driving suspect crashed into them.
Responding paramedics declared the crash a mass casualty incident, due to the high number of injured people in the cars.
There was no word on their conditions as of Sunday morning.
The driver was arrested for felony DUI.
dui, car crash, orange county news
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case