Orange County News
Crystal Cathedral congregation gets new name
ORANGE, Calif. -- The congregation of the church once known as Crystal Cathedral has a new name. It is now called Shepherd's Grove.
The congregation is moving next month after selling their famous building in a bankruptcy proceeding.
The name Shepard's Grove is a nod to the early history of Orange County, where orange and walnut groves were once prevalent. It also refers to Jesus as shepherd of the Christian faithful.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange bought the giant glass building, which it is renaming, Christ Cathedral.
The Rev. Robert Schuller built the cathedral in 1980 to house his television ministry.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
orange county news
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges 26 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'