Orange County News
1 dead, 1 hurt after car crash in front of Costa Mesa hotel
COSTA MESA, Calif. -- A driver was killed and a passenger injured in a traffic collision in front of the Ayres Hotel and Suites in Costa Mesa Friday night.
According to Costa Mesa police, a man was driving a 2009 BMW M6 Coupe southbound on Bristol Street near Santa Ana Avenue about 9 p.m. at a high rate of speed. Witnesses told officers that the driver lost control of the vehicle and spun out onto private property on the south side of Bristol Street. The driver's side of the BMW collided with a large tree in front of the hotel.
Police said the driver died at the scene. The female passenger was removed from the BMW by firefighters and transported to Western Medical Center in Santa Ana. She was treated for head trauma and cracked ribs and was last listed in critical condition.
Authorities have not identified the driver or passenger.
The two occupants were wearing their seatbelts and both front airbags deployed during the crash, police said.
Anyone with additional information about this collision is asked to call Traffic Officer Darren Wood at (714) 754-5264.
car crash, orange county news
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos